Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Jump the Snark

I found this fascinating quote today:



Today's scary headline, "Scientists find 'baffling' link between autism and vinyl floors"Sent me running back in time to my son's room in 1996. Did we have vinyl? When was the Pergo installed? Does it matter now? Did it matter then?Probably not, says Dr. Phillip Landrigan, director of the Children's Environmental Health Center at Mount Sinai School of Medicine. Landrigan has "no doubt that environmental exposures are involved in causation of autism," but he suspects the most significant exposures occur not in childhood, but early in pregnancy, "when the basic architecture of the brain is still being established."Susan Berkson, Jump the Snark, Mar 2009



You should read the whole article.

1 comment:

  1. La la la, I have my fingers in my ears and can't hear any of this. I hate the idea that autism is caused by all the modern conveniences that I chose to have in my home.

    Thanks for the link. Cool blogsite.

    ReplyDelete