Thursday, April 1, 2010

Autism Awareness Month

Hours of the day an auti-mom is aware of autism: 24
Number of things parents of a child with autism will try: Infinite
Lifetime cost of care for person with autism: $3.2 million
Caring for all people with autism over their lifetime: $35 billion per year
Knowing that autism is caused by a combination of genetic and environmental factors: Painful
Autism Awareness Month: Worthless


Post-script:
To be fair, I want to link to this Voices of Autism piece that appeared in today's New York Time. This has value.

2 comments:

  1. I had that exact magnet on my car for at least eight years. Only one person ever asked about it, in all that time. But I still feel like I have to keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not worthless. The more we talk, the more people will have to listen. The secret is to not give up.

    ReplyDelete