Sunday, August 16, 2009

T-6 hours



His swing has been moved. The angle of the big screen adjusted. I've been sitting in his chair. There are new slipcovers on the couch. There's a different powercord for his laptop. A new toothbrush in his cup.

Diver will notice all of this and more. Minute alterations to the house that I'd never note in a million years. It's a blessing and a curse and I haven't thought about it for 7 weeks. I'm already anticipating his reaction and ways to prepare him; preparation, as we auti-parents know, being key to success. On the way home from the airport, I'll mention how we'll both need to adjust; to change in the house and each other.

2 comments:

  1. So glad for you that he's home! My boys come home next Sunday - I've almost made it!

    Enjoy that charming young man of yours.

    ReplyDelete